Saturday, October 1, 2011

(Did you say) Pork Ribs?

This is one of these meals that we make Friday evening when we know the week-end is finally here and that we can enjoy a little bit of exotically flavored ETOH...
I just make my seasoning, it's usually:

2 tablespoons brown or dijon mustard
1 medium size onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 ginger root (about the length of my little finger)
1 habanero pepper (We eat HOT! It's optional, you can do black pepper or paprika)
3 or 4 Maggi seasoning cubes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
the juice of 1/2 lemon

Blend all the ingredients in a food processor/blender. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Rub your ribs with the mixture and let marinade for a few hours. I let them roast in the oven for about 1 hour at 350 F then for another half hour at 425F. I usually check them half way and rub some more marinate on them.
They are spicy, tasty and always cooked through with the meat almost falling from the bones... incredible!

Serve with fried plantains (or fried rice or any other side you would like) and a spicy pepper sauce and the alcoholic drink of our choice. I usually do the Seagrams flavored beers or some Mojito Ice, and my hubby always gets the Irish beer Guinness which is very popular back home. No better way to start the weekend!!



















5 comments:

  1. Eh Sarah, tu vas me tuer. Je suis au boulot, faut me voir saliver devant les photos comme ca lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL don't worry, when you come down here,I'll hook you up with some of it lol, and free of charge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ribs!! hhoooo i want some pleasseeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9ja Foodie, it would be my pleasure to FedEx you some ohhhh. How many plates you want? Any drink to go with it? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mama na ngai! J'ai faim maintenant! lol

    ReplyDelete