Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jollof Rice/Ris Gras

Alright, So I have gotten compliments on different versions of my fried rice, Jollof rice, Ris Gras (for us french speakers), however you refer to it, rice cooked in a stewy sauce with veggies and/or meat/poultry/fish or seafood.

Depending on my mood and what I have on hand I make it rich with a lot of ingredients or simple. What I try to never compromise on is the taste!

This is curry rice; curry is mainly for the color. I use the spanish curry because I find  the carribean curry to be too strong in terms of flavor, savor and odor and a little overpowering and overwhelming over the other ingredients that I use to spice my rice. So this rice has a slight hint of curry with the great color of it and you can still taste everything else.

I served this particular one with lamb stewed in spicy onion sauce and a simple salad.



 
Sorry guys, this picture is certainly not the best (was taken from my old phone...).

1 comment: